Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Where would you go?

We all have that one or two or....maybe like twelve places that we want to go to. Let's say that they are our dream destinations. Somehow these destinations have caught your eye. In my "Where would you go" list, you can also find one place that I have actually already been to, but would without a blink of an eye go back. So without further ado...

Sicily 

I have been to the main places in Italy - Rome, Florence, Venice, Vatican and so on, but never to Sicily. Why would I go there? Well that is a funny story... :) Have you ever read "The Godfather" and "The Sicilian" by Mario Puzo? If you have, then you may even understand me. I read both books a couple of years ago and besides the fact that Puzo is one of the best writers in this universe, the way he described Sicily...you can't forget that. From that point on I can imagine the small villages, olive orchards and sunshine colored landscapes.

Koh Lanta 

I went island hopping in Thailand in 2012. We visited Phuket, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Yao Noi, Koh Lanta and some other smaller islands in between. Koh Lanta was the one that I remember the best. The views from the hotels were to die for, the atmosphere was so peaceful and the beaches... I can almost feel the sand between my toes. This is the place I would go to relax and just unplug myself again and again. This island is, in my opinion, different from all the others around. For example - Phuket, I could not stand that place! It just didn't suit me.

New Zealand 

Need I say more? I look at the pictures of New Zealand and I am just baffled by the beauty. How is it even possible that a place so beautiful exists in real life? These places are usually photoshopped and on the cover of a postcard. If it weren't so far away from where I live, it would be my next holiday destination. I would go hiking, visit Auckland and enjoy the city, learn about the Maori culture and visit the Bay of Islands, which I have heard, is even more stunning.

Colorado, Vermont and Utah 

I haven't put on a snowboard in a long time, but I would totally do it in an US ski resort. I haven't been to any ski resorts in the States, but as much as I've heard, they rock your socks off! People have also said that the atmosphere is something else from what you have in Europe. I have been to quite many ski resorts here in Europe, so I can almost imagine the feel of it. If I would get the chance to go there during summer, that would be great as well. I hear the National Parks are awesome in the States! Imagine taking a hike along a trail in the Yosemite National Park? I can almost smell the wilderness...

I would say that these are MY main destinations. My heart starts beating a tad bit faster, when I hear that someone's planning a trip to one of these places. Until I can be the person doing the talking...let's get back to work and earn it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment